Want to add a comment?

Inspirational Jewelry, Gifts and Gab

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Telephone Talker Multi-Tasker

When my daughter was a toddler, she would pretend to talk on the phone by walking around furiously, waving her arms and simulating a vibrant conversation. It dawned on me that she was mimicking me. Unconsciously, while talking on the phone, I was also unloading the dishwasher, making the beds, checking my email, even cleaning the toilets. I was a chronic Telephone Talker Multi-Tasker!

In the last six months, I have made a conscious effort to sit down, old school-like, and direct my attention to my telephone conversation. I pretend that there is a short windy cord connected to my phone that keeps me in place. It's amazing what you can hear and learn when you are actually focused on a conversation!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I should try it!! LOL you must hate talking to me on the phone!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one! It's easy to do and appreciated.