Thursday, April 16, 2009
Often, I have to make a conscience decision to play with my kids. Ludicrous, but true. Cleaning the house, earning money, writing in my blog, reading a book, often take precedent over playing with my kids.
I have three kids and they always want to play with me. I'm so lucky! How can I forget to play? Playing is so much fun and liberating. My favorite thing to play is soccer. If we can't go outside, we shoot goals inside - right down our slippery hallway.
I also love the board game Sorry! I loved it as a child and would spend hours challenging my mom. Now, my daughter is a willing participant. You never know who will win!
Gotta go Play!
My friend and colleague, Erika gave me a tip on washing clothes - Use Less Soap, or even None at All! I could not believe it would actually clean my family's dirty, smelly, often stained clothes, but it actually works. I started using just a quarter of what my detergent tells me to use. Guess what? The clothes are just as clean as they were when I used the recommended amount. Amazing! Erika told me that the amount of soap residue left on clothes from just the first wash, last for several washes. I'm saving money from using a lot less soap, plus it is a bonus for Mother Nature. Seriously, try it!
at 2:29 PM
Monday, April 6, 2009
Now I’m going to:
- Got three kids ready for school
- Carpooled to elementary school
- Dropped preschooler off
- Worked at legal office for 3 hours
- Picked up preschooler
- Went to post office
- Made lunch
- Raked front yard
- Planted flowers and watered
- Swept walkway
- Helped preschooler to ride bike
- Wrote blog for friend
- Online chat with husband
- Found dog watcher for long weekend away
- Greeted older kids after school
- Chatted about their day
- Contacted teacher on progress report
- Watched “Oprah” on TV
Now I’m going to:
- Fix chicken tacos for dinner
- Help kids with homework
- Help husband clean up kitchen
- “Twilight” party with girlfriend (Yippeee!)
- Lots of red wine
- Go to Bed and be ready to do it all over again.