Want to add a comment?

Inspirational Jewelry, Gifts and Gab

Thursday, February 18, 2010

7 Ideas for the Greater Good - Number One

About two years ago, I received a brochure from The Greater Good Science Center located in UC Berkeley. I loved the message on the brochure and stuck it on my bulletin board. Over the years I layered photos and magazine clippings on top of it.  Recently, while cleaning off my board, I re-discovered  the understated brochure and read through it again. On one side of the brochure is a list named "7 Ideas For the Greater Good." I read them over and wanted to share them one by one.  Here's number One:


1. Give thanks. Keep lists of things you and your family are grateful for. Anything can go on the list, no matter how large or small - people, places toys, events, nature.

On a lazy summer day last July my kids and I were having a leisurely morning in bed when I asked them to tell me what they appreciate - what they are grateful for. I got out my journal and wrote down what they said. I love to go back and read their words. It reflects what kind of people they are and what kind of adults they will be.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Paula. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your message this week, I posted my list on the fridge for everyone to add to! Its smiple to be grateful, and usually adds a smile to your face just to think about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one! It's easy to do and appreciated.