Want to add a comment?

Inspirational Jewelry, Gifts and Gab

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ideas for the Greater Good - Last, but not least - Number SEVEN!

This is a continuation of "7 Ideas for the Greater Good." I got these ideas from a brochure that my husband brought home from an event he went to at UC Berkeley. The brochure had been buried on a bulletin board for over two years.
I LOVE THIS ONE:

7. Allow yourself to experience awe and wonder.
When you do, you'll gain a deep sense of unity with the world, and of our common humanity.

These words are so powerful. Last weekend, my family joined two other families on a trip to the snow. We stayed in a beautiful log cabin, ate delicious food and played in the perfectly powdery snow. In our group, was an adorable 4 year old boy. As all the other children were racing down a hill on sleds, this little boy was lying on his back looking up at the sky with his mouth wide open. I noticed him and looked up to see what could be so interesting. It was beautiful! The snow falling gently against the dark grey sky - I was in awe. I would of never looked up, if it wasn't for that little boy. A perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please leave one! It's easy to do and appreciated.