Want to add a comment?

Inspirational Jewelry, Gifts and Gab

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What To Do With Old Medicines

Wondering what to do with old medicines?

I recently organized my medicine cabinet and found lots and lots of expired prescriptions. I had read that flushing pills down the toilet was harmful to the waterways and our ecosystem, but I didn’t just want to throw them in the trash. Real Simple magazine had a great tip for safely getting rid of “the goods.” The magazine suggests mixing the pills with coffee grounds, cat litter or sawdust and throwing them out with the garbage. “This will keep them away from kids and pets and prevent harm to fish and other wildlife habitats. Apparently, the exception is highly addictive drugs, such as Percocet and OxyContin. For those, visit smartxdisposal.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please leave one! It's easy to do and appreciated.