Want to add a comment?

Inspirational Jewelry, Gifts and Gab

Thursday, February 19, 2009

PMS Rants and Raves


How many over-reacting emotions, crazy thoughts, and foolish actions can be attributed to PMS? When is it PMS and when is it just a poor personality trait? Am I PMS-ing, or am I just a crappy person? These are the questions I find myself asking at this moment.

Today, my emotions have run the gamut from super sensitive to passive aggressive. I've felt exhausted, irritated and impatient. My brain is running at a snails pace; making any thinking difficult. Last week I felt fit and healthy, exuberant even. Today I'm fat with bad skin.

I want to whine. In fact, I was going to start this blog complaining about making dinner tonight. I mean really...cook dinner every night?! I didn't sign up for this. It's really hard thinking about what to make for dinner EVERY single night. I want someone to make dinner for ME. I don't want to think about what's in the freezer or cupboard, or what I need to pick up at the grocery store. Today, the task of figuring out what to have for dinner seems impossible. Unfortunately, I have 3 children looking at me with big blue eyes and asking "what's for dinner?" Actually chocolate chip pancakes sound really good.

My question is...when do you know that you are just being bitchy versus your hormones throwing a rave in your body? Web MD says this: "Common symptoms of PMS include:

Bloating
Breast tenderness
Weight gain
Aggression
Trouble concentrating
Headaches/backaches
Food cravings/overeating
Fatigue
Tearfulness
Irritability
Anxiety
Mood swings and/or depression

Yes, Yes and Yes. Thank you.

1 comment:

I love comments. Please leave one! It's easy to do and appreciated.